yoga for weight loss at home for female
Are you planning to lose weight but still do any specific exercise? If you can not attend sports classes, in this article we will teach yoga exercises for weight loss at home for female. Although it may seem a little difficult at first to do yoga exercises, but gradually increase your flexibility and strength.
One of the ways to lose weight for women at home is yoga exercises. Although you may first need to take other steps to lose your fat, such as changing your lifestyle and following a proper diet but yoga exercises will be effective too.
One of best ways for weight loss is keto diet
In fact, some people prefer yoga to other common exercises because it allows them to burn fat and strengthen muscle at the same time. Yoga also improves your feelings and relative calm and helps control anxiety that can lead to overeating.
The good point is that exercises can be done anywhere, because this set of movements includes a series of tips that do not take up much space and are easy to do.
Have you ever done yoga? In this article, we want to introduce 10 yoga exercises for weight loss at home for female so that you can easily start yoga.
Calorie burning with yoga at home for women
The number of calories you consume by doing yoga depends on your weight and duration of exercise. If your weigh is 60 kg, you will burn about 120 calories, and if your weigh is 85 kg, you will burn 178 calories in 30 minutes by yoga.
If you increase your workout duration to one hour, calories amount will burn almost double. So if your calorie intake is constant and you add an hour yoga to your daily routine, you should start losing weight slowly
Like any exercise program, you should do yoga four to five times a week to reshape your body. You should also have a related diet. In this case, your body metabolism will increase and your body will be in good shape and you will even lose weight.
Calorie burning in yoga depends on various factors, ranging from 180 to 460 calories.
- A variety of yoga exercises
- Yoga exercises duration
- Gender: male or female
Calorie burn rate with other sports
While you can lose weight by yoga and carefully controlling your calorie intake, you will burn calories faster by choosing other exercises.
All calories are based on a 70 kg woman activity.
- You burn 400 calories in swimming one hour .
- You burn 660 kcal with running one hour.
- Burn 460 kcal with aerobics one hour.
- You will burn 470 kcal with tennis practice one hour.
You can lose weight with yoga and less calories at home.
How does yoga cause weight loss?
You need to know that yoga is a mental exercise that makes you look at life more thoughtfully. With yoga, you will distinguish real hunger from false hunger!
The best yoga exercises for weight loss at home for female
Experts believe that increasing physical activity is a useful step to start losing weight; So you have to choose right type of yoga for this.
If your goal is to lose weight, strong yoga like Ashtanga and Vinyasa can be a good choice. These classes usually last 90 minutes and can strengthen body’s circulatory system and you will consume energy. Your muscles will become stronger and your bones will be prepared to withstand a lot of force.
yoga for weight loss at home for female
Camel pose or ustrasana movement is a simple yoga exercise for weight loss and more body flexibility. This movement is recommended to lose your belly fat, because it works specifically in this area of the body.
how to do camel pose
- Sit on a yoga mat with your knees. Make sure the knees are shoulder-width apart.
- Put your weight on your toes so that your body bends slightly.
- Then, pull your arms back and bend your body further back.
- Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds and contract your abdomen.
- Return to original position, breathe slowly.
- Repeat this movement 3 to 6 times.
Cobra movement is a type of yoga that strengthens back and abdomen muscles. It is even recommended to tighten buttocks and reduce accumulation of fat in buttocks.
How to do Cobra pose
- Lie on your yoga mat on your stomach and your legs are stretched out on mat.
- Place palm of your hand next to your chest and lift your upper body.
- Lean back as far as you can and look up.
- Hold this movement for 10 seconds and then rest.
- Repeat between 5 and 8 moves.
Warrior movement in yoga is beneficial for weight loss and increases lungs capacity. By practicing it, you work on all your abdomen muscles, legs and buttocks at same time.
How to Warrior exercise
- Stand on the floor with your legs apart.
- Rotate your right foot to your right and keep your left foot in front and create a 90 degree angle.
- Raise your hands to ceiling or sky and pull them as far as possible. Place your palms on top of each other and look up.
- Take a deep breath, relax, and repeat exercise for other side.
- Do between 10 and 12 repetitions.
This asana is one of the best yoga exercise for weight loss, especially when your goal is to lose belly fat. This is very easy to do, although it require some physical strength and flexibility.
How to Forward fold
- Sit with your back straight on yoga mat and stretch your legs forward.
- Pull your body forward and bend, try to touch tips of your fingers.
- Try holding your toes and placing your forehead on your bulge or knees.
- Hold position for 10 seconds and then relax.
- Repeat movement for 8 to 10 times.
Yoga for weight loss at home for female: Bow pose
to lose weight with yoga at home for female, we recommend doing bow exercises. This is an exercise to increase flexibility and strength that helps burn fat and strengthen buttock muscles. In addition, it causes more stability in spine and reduces back pain.
How to Bow pose
- Lie on your mattress and bend your legs up from back.
- Try to lift your legs from behind and on the ground, in an arc.
- Lift your upper body and look forward.
- Then, pull your arms back and try to hold your feet with your hands.
- Take a deep breath and exhale for at least 10 seconds.
- Repeat this movement 5 times.
How to chair pose
- Stand up and cross your legs.
- Place your hands next to your body.
- Now take a deep breath and lift your arms up so that palms of your hands are facing each other.
- Exhale and bend your knees as if you were sitting in a chair.
- Hold for 10 to 15 seconds.
Half moon pose
How to half moon
- Stand up and put your hands beside your body.
- Now bring your arms up.
- Move your left foot slightly backwards.
- Bring your right foot forward.
- Hold for 5 to 10 seconds and then repeat for other leg.
How to Bridge Pose
- Lie on floor with your back and put your arms beside your body.
- bring your legs and buttocks up so that soles of your feet and head are on the ground.
- Hold for a few seconds.
If you are trying to lose weight at home and still do any exercises or if you do not want to attend sports classes, try these interesting exercises in yoga. Although it may be a little difficult to start training at first, your flexibility and strength will gradually increase.
How to lose belly fat by Yoga at home
Belly fat is one of the most persistent fats in body. when you lose your belly fat, in addition to health, improves self-confidence level. Belly fat reduces your attractiveness and exposes your body to high blood pressure, diabetes and fatty liver.
Of course, you can lose your belly fat with keto diet (get your custom keto diet) and exercise(read article about 29 ways to lose weight without exercise in a week) You can also do a number of yoga exercises that focus specifically on belly fats.
Warning: If you have following diseases, it is better to avoid performing these exercise:
- blood pressure;
- Heart problems;
- back ache;
- Hip pain;
- joint’s pain;
- Lumbar disc;
It is better that pregnant women and women who experience menstruation to avoid performing these movements. People who have recently had surgery on abdomen, spine, brain and lungs should not do these movements either.
Hand mill exercise
This is like using an old hand mill. With this exercise, you can lose your belly fat and post-pregnancy fat.
By doing this movement, in addition to reducing belly fat, women also strengthen muscles of their back, abdomen, arms and thighs. It also regulates menstrual cycle by strengthening uterine muscle. It also helps strengthen thighs and chest, digestive system.
how to Hand mill exercise
Sit down; While your feet are as far apart as possible.
Pull your hands forward and in front of your chest and lock your fingers together.
Rotate your hands clockwise in a circular motion. Do not bend your knees. Do not separate legs from the ground.
Exhale as you move forward and inhale as you move backward.
Continue the movement for 10 repetitions. Now repeat movement in opposite direction.
Sit quietly at the end so that your breathing rate becomes normal.
Yoga for weight loss at home for female: Arc exercise
by this exercise you can lose your belly fat. This movement strengthens abdomen muscles, legs, thighs, chest, back and groin.
Other benefits of this exercise include improved digestion and digestive problems, increased blood circulation and improved liver function, pancreas, large and small intestine. This movement also relieves stress.
How to Arc exercise
- Lie on your stomach with your chin on floor and your legs on floor.
- As you inhale, raise your legs, bend your knees toward your hips, and hold your ankles with your hands.
- Get up slowly, lift your chest off the floor and look forward.
- Hold for 20 seconds. The body weight should be on abdomen.
- Exhale slowly and return to original position.
- Repeat this movement 8 to 10 times.
- Finally relax and take a deep breath for 1 minute.
This exercise is suitable for training whole body. In addition to lose belly fat, this movement strengthens muscles of legs, arms, back and thighs.
It also helps regulate function of pancreas, thyroid, kidneys, liver and lungs, and improves blood circulation and regulates blood sugar levels.
How to boat exercise
- Sit with your knees bent. Keep soles of your feet flat on floor and your hands on floor at the hips. The direction of fingers is forward.
- Take a deep breath and apply pressure to palms of your hands. Keep your spine straight and gently pull your back; While your weight is on your hips.
- Take a deep breath and lift your legs off floor.
- Raise your hands off the ground and stretch them parallel to the ground. Hold for a few seconds.
- Pull your legs further so your body is in shape of number seven. Stay in this position for 2-5 breaths.
- Exhale, bend your knees and hold your thighs tightly.
- Inhale, keep your spine straight and touch your knees with your forehead.
- Take a few more deep breaths.
- Inhale, raise your head, and then exhale. Return legs to their original position.
- Do movement for 3-5 repetitions.
This exercise was mentioned above, but because of its high importance, we will talk about it again.
This movement is part of yoga mother movements called Suryanamaskar (means Hello to the Sun and sound of the sun) This movement is also useful for strengthening abdominal muscles and reducing belly fat. It also helps strengthen muscles of lower back and upper body and increases spine flexibility. It will also reduce stress and fatigue and improve blood flow throughout body.
How to cobra exercise
- Lie on your stomach and stretch your legs.
- Hands palm should be on floor and under shoulders. The direction of fingers is forward.
- Elbows should be close to upper body. The chin and all toes are in contact with the ground.
- Inhale and slowly lift your chest off floor. Bend your back as far as possible while using less from your arms.
- Depending on your comfort, hold this position for 15-30 seconds.
- Exhale and lie on floor. Take a deep breath while staying calm.
- Repeat movement 5 more times and take deep breath 15 seconds each time.
- Relax your body before you get up.
Wind release movement
In addition to strengthening abdomen muscles, thighs and buttocks, this movement also shapes them. This movement helps to release gas inside intestine. It also helps control stomach acid levels, treat constipation, improve metabolism and relieve back pain.
How to wind release movement
- Lie on the floor with your feet and arms together.
- As you exhale, bend your right knee and bring it to your chest.
- Lock arms around thighs and pull thighs toward abdomen. Keep your left foot on the ground.
- Inhale. Lift your head and shoulders off floor and try to touch knee of your right foot with your nose.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds. Take a deep breath.
- Exhale, slowly return to original position.
- Repeat with left foot as well as both feet.
- Repeat movement three to four times.
This movement compress completely abdominal muscle, which burns belly fat. It also stretches back muscles from heel to head.
It is also useful for improving digestive problems such as constipation and increasing blood flow to brain. It also helps to calm mind, relieve fatigue and stress, improve depression and insomnia.
How to padasana movement
- Stand; While feet are close together and heels are also paired.
- Hands hanging next to body.
- Take a deep breath and gently raise your arms straight above your head.
- Exhale and bend forward from hips. Keep your legs straight.
- Hands on ground; Keep your toes in direction of your toes or bring your hands under soles of your feet.
- If you can not, bring hands to back of legs.
- Keep your head as close to your knees as you can. The neck should not be under pressure.
- Stay in this position for 1 minute and take a deep breath.
- Inhale slowly and bring your body up. The head should be last part to rise.
- Repeat movement 5-10 times and rest for 10 seconds between each repetition.
FAQ Yoga for weight loss at home for female
I do not have a flexible body, is yoga suitable for me?
You’re best option for yoga. Most people think that they should have a flexible body to enter this sport, but you can do yoga with any physical ability level and flexibility and increase your confidence, relaxation and flexibility.
What do I need before I start yoga?
All what you need before starting yoga is body and mind ready. Wear a suitable T-shirt and do not forget to use a yoga mat.
Can i use my meals before doing yoga?
In yoga you do different poses; Sometimes you bend forward or backward. If you eat heavy meals before doing yoga, you will not feel good during exercise and you will not be able to do the exercises easily.
We recommend that you avoid meals 2 to 3 hours before starting yoga.
Is there age limit for yoga?
No, anyone in any age group can do yoga.
Does yoga harm body?
If yoga poses are not done properly, pressure is applied to back and knees, which can lead to injuries; But in general, yoga is a safe sport.